About | School Aims | Our Mission | Building & Grounds | Church | Lessons | Find Us
We have a strong vision at Pontesbury CE Primary School and we hope to bring out the best in all of our pupils. Here is a list of our aims:
- to promote a culture of achievement, high standards and high expectations.
- to deliver a broad, balanced curriculum differentiated to meet the needs of all children.
- to ensure quality of learning through effective teaching.
- to encourage children to use literacy and mathematics effectively.
- to encourage awareness of the scientific, technological, social, historical and geographical aspects of the local environment and wider world and to develop skills in these areas.
- to share experiences and encourage participation in art, craft, literature, music, dance and other physical activities.
- to promote positively the spiritual, moral, cultural, mental and physical development of all of our children.
- to develop sensitivity to each other’s needs with friendliness, courtesy and tolerance towards others, and an appreciation and understanding of religious, cultural and moral values.
- to encourage all children to fulfil their potential; to take a pride both in their work and achievements and those of others.
- to create a stimulating and safe school environment where children develop a high degree of self esteem and learn to work co-operatively with others.
- to help children to develop lively, enquiring minds with the ability to question and argue rationally.
- to create an environment where there is equality of opportunity and where children are eager to learn.
- to enable children to acquire the knowledge and skills which are relevant both to a fast changing world and to the next stage of their education.
- to encourage a working partnership between governors, home, the community and the school for the greater benefit of the children’s education. Our school curriculum and the methods of learning are designed to contribute to the achievement of these aims by the pupils
You can find out more about aspects of our school by using the links below.